Thursday, September 30

Sunset Dinner in the Orchard



photo courtesy coco+kelley

To say that I'm ecstatic (and nearly whimpering with joy) is an understatement.  This Saturday, the Hubs and I will be attending a benefit that supports our local chapter of the Slow Food Movement.  Alongside 53 other guests, C and I will enjoy a sunset dinner in the orchard at Delvin Farms, who will be hosting with world renowned Chef Michael Martin.  The Fall inspired menu will feature wine pairings with locally grown ingredients including those from Hatcher Dairy Farm and McDonald Free Range Chicken Farm.  Few things top any one of these on it's own (an orchard in the fall, local food + wine, an elegant evening with the hubby...) but when married into an entire evening (gasp), words fail me.

Here's a peek of the menu...just to make you jealous... I mean, inspired:

Arugula Salad with Shallots, Sourdough Croutons and Shaved Parmesan
smothered in Warm Shiitake Vinaigrette


Balsamic Glazed Butternut Squash with Toasted Hazelnuts


Slow Roasted Eggplant and Bell Pepper Caponata with Fresh Basil


Braised Fall Greens with Apple-wood Smoked Bacon, Caramelized Onions
and Crushed Red Pepper


Grilled Rosemary and Garlic Chicken


Basque Almond Cake with Roasted Apples and Honey
and Fresh Whipped Cream

I may very well need to be rolled out of the orchard and straight into bed!  I'll be sure to capture lots of photos from the evening and of course, a full report of the sure-to-be delectable menu.

Have a fabulous and inspired weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Terri Rose IsaacsonOctober 1, 2010 at 4:50 AM

    Amy, The evening sounds fabulous! Great inspiration for your upcoming cookbook, yes. I know I have mentioned this in previous posts, you have a true talent for writing. I love reading your blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, so jeal. Especially on the salad, and that dessert sounds INSANE!!

    And it's all for a good cause, too, so you can pretty much just sit there feeling entirely smug about it all. :)

    I would need to be rolled out of the orchard, too. They'd probably need to call in some big crate for me but maybe Cope could just fit you into his front pocket?

    ReplyDelete