Tuesday, July 27

Two Years and a Day Later


Yesterday was my two year wedding anniversary.  So much has happened in the last two years... backpacking Europe, moving across the country, a new highly anticipated member of the family (our dog, Ava Perry), this cookbook in the works and new jobs.  Quite possibly the best two years of my life so far.

I have so many amazing memories of our wedding day and besides marrying my best friend, who just so happens to be the sweetest, most thoughtful and honestly, funniest man alive (have you thrown up a little in your mouth yet?), the day was made even more unforgettable by our dear friends and family.

And because loved ones are the cornerstone of my book (alongside food, of course), I thought it might be fun to share a snippet of our big day which seems so very long ago.  Ironically enough, every time I hear that Johnny Cash train beat (Cash'd Out played our reception) and smell sweet barbecue in the air (yes, we served ribs at our wedding), I get nostalgic for our last summer in San Diego and would do anything to teleport back and experience it all over again.

Cheers to the celebration of love!


2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post (no vomiting here)...and what a beautiful bride! Happy Anniversary you two!

    P.S. This picture makes me feel like squeezing a cheek. Weird, I know. Although, it looks like Cope has the same idea so, maybe not so weird? Hmm, except that he is your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most beautiful & memorable things in life Amy, is for a mother to see her child get passed all of the skinned knees of childhood and find the love of her life! I am so very blessed to be here to experinece this...there is nothing like it! Where there is a happy child , you will find a happy mother! Now we are doubly blesed to have such of an awsome son! Here's to a lifetime of happiness!

    ReplyDelete