Wednesday, May 11

Strawberry Madness

Ah May, what a beautiful and intricate weave of events you bring.  From a cold and wet Spring we lurch into the heat of Summer.  We're teased with the decadence of strawberries -just a hint of the bright and colorful flavors to come in the months ahead.  Historically speaking, May has always been a month of big changes for our little family and in the scheme of things, quite the launching pad for big life events.

As you sit here reading this, hopefully enjoying a delicious cup of joe, my hubby and I will be closing on our very first home. (!!)  And while I can tell you that we're both thrilled, I can't quite convey the feelings I have at this moment.  I'm just glad we both agree that we're a bit shell shocked; none of it seems real and we're both trying hard not to think about all the crazy-ass things we have in mind for the house and just relish in the moment.  Ahh, to be homeowners.     

By the way, have I told you we're demoing our kitchen this weekend?  Madness, I tell you.  I wish I could say I have the stomach for this.


I've decided though, notwithstanding the faint nausea that occasionally creeps up, May is my favorite month.  Nevermind that it's the month of my birth and I love being spoiled (have I told you about birthweek yet?).  It's also caught between the beauty of Spring and the heat of Summer when it's still being eagerly welcomed.  If that weren't enough, the bounty of strawberries should be.

As I approach my 29th Birthday, buying a house and entering the last year of my twenties has a peculiar way of making me feel like a grown up.  I definitely enjoy the luxuries of being an adult, but I don't think I'll be taking myself too seriously anytime soon.  Especially not while I still jump up and down when I'm super excited.  In all likelihood, I'm probably doing it right now.  
       

I'm sure one of the reason's I love strawberries so much is because I associate it with happiness.  May=Strawberries+Whipped Cream+Birthdays=Happiness.  Do you see where I'm going with this?  Yep, it's strawberry madness.   

As I sit here enduring self-inflicted rashes that could only be a result of too many strawberries, I wanted to share my current favorite breakfast (and sometimes lunch) that I recently saw in MSL.  It's quick, it's simple and gives a much needed boost of energy.  Just smother (preferably sprouted or whole grain) toast with almond butter and sliced strawberries and voila!  Just don't be surprised if my next post is about strawberries too beacuse I plan to stretch this moment out for as long as I can.   


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first home! We bought our first home in May too. What wonderful memories. Your strawberry pics are amazing. Our CSA just gave us three pints of fresh strawberries, so we've been enjoying them in salads, smoothies, chia pudding, and just straight out of the box. Mmmmm. Spring his here, and Summer is close. I agree with you. May is the best month!

    ReplyDelete