Monday, April 11

Croissant French Toast


There's nothing quite like a weekend well spent to allow for a proper start to the week.  And while the virtually never-ending to-do list is always in the back of my mind, I've been getting better about having an entire day of rest to enjoy some of the sweet and simple moments of life.

Speaking of sweet, I had to share one of the better things I've ever had the pleasure of eating:  Croissant French Toast at my favorite restaurant in Nashville- Marche Artisan Foods.  It was crispy and flaky on the outside, and all soft and french-toasty on the inside.  I had to refrain from licking the flakes drowning in a heap of syrup and powdered sugar off the plate.  And I had the full order.    

Sometimes I think some of the best ideas are had during such moments of simplicity.  While on the Amalfi coast several years ago, I sat for some unknown length of time and had what some might call a vision.  Maybe I was dreaming, but either way I envisioned owning a quaint cafe and marketplace of my own with baked goods and aritsan olive oil.  I think that's why Marche holds such a special place in my heart - it is straight out of my dreams -farm style tables and all.  Not to say I could ever do it quite so well.  But who's to say?

I hope you have a beautiful week and if there's Croissant French Toast involved,  I'd say you're off to a pretty good start.    

No comments:

Post a Comment